Eucalyptus eucalyptus radiata
Description: Eucalyptus has a fresh sharp and very unique smell. It has a water type viscosity and can grow up to 300 feet tall. The tree uses a lot of water to grow and has been planted to help dry up land.
Properties: Antiseptic, Astringent, Deodorant, Diuretic, Sedative and Vasoconstrictor
Historical Uses: Eucalyptus has been used in everything from cough and throat medicines to ointments. This oil has a calming effect and has been known to help breathing and to open air passages.
Use aromatically to improve concentration, relieve respiratory problems and assist with hay fever and headaches. (This oil also may be diffused as an insect repellant)
Dilute and gargle to help with sore throat.
Use topically to help with muscle aches and congestion.
Blends well With: Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Thyme
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Application:
Can be used aromatically
Can be used topically (Dilute for young or sensitive skin)
|Distillation Process||Steam Distilled|
|Properties||Analgesic, Anti Catarrhal, Anti-Infectious, Antibacterial, Antiinflamitory, Antiviral, Expectorant, Insect Repellant|
|Historical Uses||ASTHMA, BRAIN FUNCTION, BRONCHITIS, CONGESTION, COOLING , COUGHS, DIABETES, FEVER, FLU, INFLAMMATION, JET LAG, KIDNEYS , PAIN , Pneumonia, Shingles, Sinuses, TENNIS ELBOW|
|Body Part Affected||Respiratory System, Skin|
|Blends Well With||Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Thyme|
|Storage Temperature||50-75˚F Cool, Dry Place Protected From Heat & Light|
|Disclamer||*If pregnant or under a doctors care, please consult physician before use.|
- Fantastic for sinus/congestion Review by Ellen
Price Value Quality
- Must have EO Review by Bree
- I absolutely love this EO. I use it and Peppermint mixed in Fractionated Coconut oil for sinus headaches and it knocks them out! This is a must have EO in every household. (Posted on 4/22/2016)
- Great multi-purpose oil Review by PINterest Inspiration
- If you're looking for something to use for respiratory relief, this is a good oil. It's also good to use in odor eliminating sprays for bathrooms. (Posted on 2/13/2016)