Health benefits of ginger essential oil are nearly the same as the health benefits of fresh ginger, in fact ginger essential oils is more potent because it contains higher levels of gingerol. Ginger is part of Turmeric and Cardamom plant family, both very beneficial for your health and wellness. Ginger is a warming essential oil that works as an antiseptic, laxative, tonic and stimulant. It has sweet, spicy, woody and warm scent.
In aromatherapy, Ginger essential oil is known as the oil of empowerment because it promotes self-confidence and courage. It has also been proven to help with inflammation, stomach disorders, respiratory tract infections, menstrual pains, and vomiting.
Ginger Essential Oil Uses:
- To uplift moods and enhance feelings of courage try inhaling the fragrance two to three times a day or diffusing throughout the day.
- Add 3 drops into 1 tbsp of epsom salt, and add to your warm bath water to help get rid of toxic substances and enhancing digestive processes .
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply topically to alleviate muscular pains and joint discomforts.
- For nausea relief, apply a couple of drops over your stomach in a clockwise motion.
Benefits of Ginger Essential Oil:
- Helps relief respiratory difficulties. Inhaling ginger essential oil may help reduce the accumulation of mucus in the lungs and throat. It acts as an expectorant and lubricates irritation in the respiratory tract, beneficial when dealing with bronchitis, colds, flu, and coughs.
- Relieves stomach discomforts when applied topically or taken internally.
- Relieves inflammation when taken internally. Ginger essential oil contains zingibain, the compound with anti-inflammatory properties in the oil.
- Helps relieve headaches, soreness, backaches, menstrual cramps, joint, and muscular pains by using ginger essential oil.
- Helps alleviate feelings of depression, anxiety, and fatigue. Using ginger essential oil can stimulate feelings of courage and comfort.