Helichrysum Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
The word Helichrysum is derived from the Greek word helios meaning sun and chrysos meaning gold. This is a reference to the golden color of many of the flowers from this botanical genus. Helichrysum has been used since the time of the ancient Greeks for its great wound healing ability, and was used often after battles.
Helichrysum is largely grown in the Mediterranean and Southern Europe regions and the essential oils is steam distilled from the flowers and also all the green parts, including stem and leaves. Helichrysum essential oil is touted for the healing effects. Helichrysum contains an anti-inflammatory substance called arzanol, which plays a part in healing wounds. It also has antioxidant properties that can help to prevent scarring by regenerating new cells and preventing the accumulation of free radicals.
5 Healing Properties of Helichrysum Essential Oil:
- The natural skin-soothing properties help to lessen skin irritation and redness.
- Potent antioxidant activity averts detrimental toxins from damaging healthy skin cells, delays signs of aging, skin dryness, and fades away wrinkles and fine lines.
- Full with beneficial nutrients and antioxidants helichrysum oil produces collagen and elastin.
- Strong antibacterial traits combat acne-causing bacteria and eliminates dead skin cells clogging pores.
- Natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects help combat allergies, arthritis, and eczema.
Uses Helichrysum Essential Oil:
- Helichrysum essential oil can be applied topically to the skin as a massage oil or added to baths. Add a few drops of Helichrysum essential oil to a carrier oil like Jojoba or sweet almond.
- Diffuse Helichrysum essential oil to ease headaches, soothe the mind and body.
- Combine Helichrysum with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply topically on wounds to heal faster.
- Mix a few drops of Helichrysum with other essential oils and diffuse to ease stress and soothe mind.
- Mix Helichrysum with Sweet Almond Oil, dab under eyes to lessen dark spots.
Main Chemical Components of Helichrysum:
- Neryl Acetate
Helichrysum for Inflammation:
Helichrysum anti-inflammatory properties are quite useful in treating muscle and joint pain. The oil brings quick relief to back pain, rheumatism, sprains, cramps, arthritis etc.
Helichrysum for Scars, Burns, and Wounds:
Helichrysum is useful in healing infection in wounds. If applied quickly to the injury, it can help stop bleeding and reduce the bruise of trauma usually develops into black-blue patches of skin. It is very helpful to even out burn marks. It can also help minimize scars and spots on the skin.
Helichrysum for Skin and Hair Rejuvenating:
For smooth and even-toned skin, you can use Helichrysum oil regularly. It is very effective in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Helichrysum can also be applied directly on sun spots or stretch marks to minimize them. Helichrysum can do wonders to help maintain good skin health and hair quality.
Leave a comment