Pure Birch Oil: Benefits and Uses
Birch Essential Oil is created from steam distillation of birch tree wood. It is difficult to frequently and sustainably harvest this oil, so many companies only offer Birch seasonally and in limited quantities – However, we make a great effort to offer this highly-demanded oil year-round, so that you never need to be without! Birch is known for soothing achy muscles and joints, because it contains 99% methyl salicylate, which has a cortisone-like quality as it reduces discomfort in the muscles, bones, and joints. It also is widely used in massage therapy, supports the circulatory system, respiratory function, skin conditions, and is known for its stimulating aroma.
Overall Benefits of Birch Oil:
- Help relieve muscle and joint pain
- Work to purify blood
- Can reduce sagging skin and wrinkles
- Protects skin against infection
- Useful as an insecticide and germicide
- Lower blood sugar
- Can act as a skin toner
- Relieves symptoms of arthritis
Birch Essential Oil can be applied topically to relieve pain in joints and muscles. To promote sleep and calm nerves, sweet birch may be inhaled with the aid of your favorite diffuser.
Birch oil is a popular essential oil that has many uses. Some of the uses of birch oil include its ability to improve skin health, support respiratory health, and enhance overall well-being. Birch oil is also known for its refreshing scent, which can be enjoyed aromatically or through topical application. It can also combat joint inflammation and migraines.
This essential oil is full of health benefits which can be attributed to its therapeutic properties such as depurative, insecticide, febrifuge, astringent, antiseptic, diuretic, antiarthritic, antirheumatic, detoxifying, analgesic, antidepressant, stimulant, and disinfectant.
Birch Emotional Benefits:
- Promotes: Strength, self-work, courage, openness, support, vitality
- Addresses: Worry, fear, weak-will, alienated, unsupported
Popular Uses of Birch Essential Oil:
- Use aromatically through the day, or directly from the bottle, or by massaging into the solar plexus for increased confidence and peace of mind.
- When feeling emotional (unloved, unsupported, etc) diffuse Birch Essential Oil find your inner strength and get through your day smoothly.
- Massage onto the soles of the feet and use aromatically during meditation.
- Add Birch Essential Oil to your normal daily cleansing/moisturizing routine.
- Gently rub 1-2 drops of Birch onto the shoulder and neck area 2-3 times a day to relieve built up tension.
Birch Oil Blends Well With:
- Clary Sage
- Sweet Marjoram
- Juniper Berry
Easy Recipes to Get You Started:
Muscle and Joint Pain: In 5 ml roller bottle blend 10 drops each of Birch and Lavender Essential Oils. Apply to joints or muscles to soothe.
Runners Foot Relief: Mix equal parts Lemongrass and Birch with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil) apply to sore feet after a run or workout.
Woodsy Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each of Birch, Cypress, and White Fir Essential Oils.
|Safety Warning||Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Avoid if on blood thinners, are about to have surgery, have bleeding disorders, have salicylate deficiency, seizure disorder, or ADD/ADHD. Possible skin sensitivity. Best to use at a dilution no greater than 2.5%|
Leave a comment