-8oz container or containers equalling 8oz
-wicks, preferably wooden or pre-dipped in wax and plenty long
-1 package Spark Naturals Beeswax
-2 T Virgin Coconut Oil
-15-30 drops Spark Naturals essential oils
-chopsticks or popsicle sticks
-tape or elastic bands
-newspaper or parchment paper to cover your workspace
1. Prepare your essential oil blend. As a general guide, keep the Citronella in the mixture to at least 1/3 of the total.
Some recommended EOs:
-SN Citronella EO
-SN Eucalyptus EO
-SN Geranium EO
-SN Rosemary EO
-SN Peppermint EO
-SN Lavender EO
-SN Lemongrass EO
2. Using a double boiler (or a stainless steel or glass bowl over a pot of boiling water), begin gently melting the wax and coconut oil, stirring occasionally.
3. Prep your work station: Line 2-3 layers thick with newspaper or parchment paper so that if there are any drips or spills it is easy to clean up.
4. Prep your containers and wicks: Set out your container(s) and take a wick and dip the metal part in melted wax. Stick to the center of the bottom of the jar and lay the wick to one side. If you purchased raw wicks, you will need to dip the entire wick and pull it straight, then allow it to cool/dry.
5. When the wax is completely melted, remove from heat. Stir in EO mixture well and pour into prepped containers.
6. Use chopsticks or popsicle sticks to center the wick in the middle of the candle, resting on top of the container with the extra wick poking out between two sticks. Position and then secure the sticks to each other with tape.
7. When fully cooled, remove the sticks and trim the wick to be about 1/4".
8. Enjoy your long-lasting beeswax Citronella candles!