Dill – anethum graveolens
Description: Spark Naturals Dill Essential Oil has many health benefits and is primarily known to support digestion by stimulating stomach function. Its distinct aroma and taste also stimulate the salivary glands to further assist the digestion process. Dill has been used commonly to enhance savors of meats and vegetables.Today, it is used across many cultures to savor countless food dishes.
Properties: Antispasmodic, carminative, digestive, disinfectant, galactagogue, sedative, stomachic.
Diffuse to lessen stress and anxious feelings, add to marinades, soups, and salads to enhance savor, use when canning to help preserve garden vegetables, add 1–2 drops to an herbal tea before bed time to promote sleep.
- Diffuse with Bergamot and Lemon to lessen stress and anxious feelings.
- Add to marinades, soups, and salads to enhance flavor and promote digestion.
- Use when canning to help preserve garden vegetables.
- Add 1–2 drops to an herbal tea before bedtime to promote a restful sleep.
- Massage 1-2 drops into the soles of the feet or over the liver each day to support detoxification.
- For calming, diffuse as needed, or inhale 1 drop from your hands. Consider blending with Roman Chamomile, as well.
Dill Veggies Dip
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1-2 drops Lemon essential oil
1-2 drops Dill essential oil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Mix all ingredients and serve with fresh veggies
Flavorful diffuser blend
3 drops Tangerine essential oil
2 drops Lemon essential oil
1 drop Dill essential oil