Oregano | Pure Essential Oil
Regular price $7.56 Save Liquid error (snippets/product-template line 126): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
|Oregano Blog Post|
Botanical Name: Origanum vulgare
Country of Origin: Hungary
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Aromatic Scent: Herbaceous scent, Intense green
Blends well With: Lavender, Bergamot, Roman chamomile, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Rosemary, Wild Orange, Melaleuca.
Shelf Life: 3-4 years
Caution: Oregano is very powerful and can cause skin irritation if not diluted.
Description: Spark Naturals Oregano essential oil is one of the most potent essential oils available on the market. Oregano essential oil is high in Antioxidant value, phenolic acids, and flavonoids making it just the right addition to your anti-aging routine. The human body is subject to so many toxins you may not know that Oregano essential oil has many Antimicrobial properties that have demonstrated the ability to inhibit growth of bacteria and fungi.
Properties: Antiviral, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Anti Allergenic, Anti Oxidant, Anti Inflammatory, Anti parasitic, Digestive
Historical Uses: Oregano has been used by ancient Greek physicians to treat, trauma, wounds, headaches, lung disorders, asthma, bites and as a remedy for colds and disease. People have also rubbed Oregano into the gums to fight infection.
- Mix with carrier and rub into gums to fight infections.
- Mix with carrier oil and use for diaper rash.
- Mix with carrier and place under the nostril to relieve sinus infections.
- Add a drop to a gel cap and take it daily for immune boost.
- Mix with food grade carrier oil and add a drop under tongue for 30 seconds, spit it out. For yeast infections.
- Use as an antiseptic for cleaning supplies.
Oregano Essential Oil Application:
Can be use aromatically
Can be consumed
Can be used topically (Dilute for young or sensitive skin)
| 10 Ways to use Oregano Essential Oil:
1. RESPIRATORY AILMENTS: Massage on the chest and alongside nasal passages, in a light carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil.
2. WART REMOVAL: Apply oil directly to wart with a cotton swab several times a day until they are gone.
3. DANDRUFF: Add a few drops to your favorite shampoo.
4. IMMUNE BOOSTING: Apply to the bottoms of your feet before bed to stimulate the immune system.
5. DISINFECTANT SPRAY: Combine 10 drops of oregano essential oil with 15 drops of lavender in a spray bottle. Add 1/2 cup of vinegar and use as a disinfectant spray.
6. RELIEVE ARTHRITIS: Used externally oregano is great for alleviating painful symptoms of arthritis, increasing joint and muscle flexibility.
7. ACNE MEDICINE: Dab oregano essential oil directly onto acne daily (in a carrier oil).
8. FUNGUS AND MOLD KILLER: Add to water in a spray bottle and spritz showers and tub to reduce growth of mold and fungus. Shake before each use.
9. COLD AND FLU: Diffuse oregano essential oil to alleviate cold and flu symptoms as well as to help kill germs in the air.
10. ECZEMA: Add to a carrier oil and rub into any area that is affected.
Oregano is definitely an essential oil you will want to keep in your natural medicinal arsenal!